Saturday, April 5, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Writer

It’s Friday somewhere, right?

Writer. (Ready, Set, Go)

A label.  An identity.  A hope.  A dream. Impossible.  Possible.  Already?  On my way...

What is a writer?  Is it someone who aspires to write a novel, get published?  A blogger, a journalist or just someone who must, write.  I have never considered myself a writer because I have not written short stories. I don’t write articles or even poems.  I don’t have dreams to write a novel, though I have my whole adult life thought that I would like to help people somehow by sharing my experiences and what God has taught me through a book of my own.  

I have always had to scribble something down. 

Sometimes on a document typing as fast as I can before I can hardly put my seat down.  Sometimes in a journal, a pretty one, a spiral bound cheapy one (I’ve found those are really the best) and on the nearest scrap of paper.  Why? Do I think someday I will organize all these scattered thoughts and get them together into something that will make a difference somehow? Or, is it because I simply must....write. Write to get it out. To see it. To understand. To hopefully share.  

I know I am a writer.  It just looks differently than the classic definition in my mind which I think has held me back from sharing so many years.  I am determined in 2014 to be a writer who shares. Who does not keep this to herself.  Who shows herself, little bit by little bit to the world who is already watching and not really seeing who this person is.

(Stop)

4 comments:

  1. I think every blogger is a writer in some way, and if you are feeling you must write, then you are a writer.
    From FMF Carolyn www.carolynphillips.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE everything about this! Oh my word. I have so many scrawled notes all over. . . journals, notebooks, backs of cards. Just scratched down to get it out of my head. :)

    I love your last paragraph! Proud of you!

    Also? where did that classic definition come from? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this too. I always wanted to publish, but have learned that just because I haven't, I can still be a writer. Today I blog about the things that matter most for me. It has become a refuge. A place to write my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to see you post again! This is great! I am so enjoying reading everyone's thoughts on this week's word. You are most definitely a writer and I am thankful that you chose to share your writing. I think being a writer is just something you ARE, and being a writer and being an author are different, and that's ok. I am thankful that blogs and the internet blur that line a bit for us. I didn't want to share my writing until I saw how it could help others. Your writing encourages me. Keep it up!

    jayna
    www.jaynaspurplecrayon.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete