Saturday, March 16, 2013

End of Food Fast


What have I learned from these past two weeks of FOOD FAST and what does the Lord want me to do with it?  


We have so much.  




We often have too much.  But, it's a blessing to have so much and I need not feel guilty about it.  I need to take better care of it...for it is in the lack of appreciation, the wastefulness that I should feel the weight.  I have had eyes wide open to many foods that I would have thrown out these past two weeks and not thought too much about it.  I am learning how important it is to be organized with my meals and our snacking....not just to save money, but in gratitude and to waste less....to be a good steward.  I want to continue to use my spreadsheet, trying to keep better track of what I'm storing away in my cupboards and freezer.  I want to be consistent on planning meals and using up leftovers. 

I need to give more.  


To think outside of our home and into others...in perfect timing my children's school had a food drive this week to stock the church pantry which makes food available to those in our community who need it.  I donated a good bit. I need to do that more....would I have been so generous if my heart and mind weren't focused on the details of these past two weeks?  

I have been reminded there is strength in community.  

In this online book discussion group of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, I am finding support, friendship and a camaraderie.  I have immersed myself in a group of now 41 woman whom I do not know yet sense a connection so strong, it can only be the Lord's Spirit.  It's exciting and challenging.  I am looking forward to the next two weeks, CLOTHING FAST.  I have yet to decide what the Lord wants me to do with that, but I know He has something in store for me.




1 comment:

  1. Angela, I love your take aways from this, and the generous spirit that it produced in you. It's very exciting how God is working in each of the ladies in the group.

    ReplyDelete